Ever taken your website for a health checkup?
It may sound absurd but as we need health checkups, our website needs them too. And surprisingly you will get a comprehensive report for taking the necessary measures and maintaining the website’s health.
Well, without wasting much of time let us have a look at why an audit is so important in SEO.
What is an SEO audit?
An SEO Audit fundamentally is a process of analyzing a website’s working and marking out as many foundational issues affecting its organic reach and performance as possible. In simpler terms, an audit tells about the strengths, weaknesses, and potentials of a website.
Let’s break that down into a bit more detail.
A website audit is an analysis of page performance prior to large-scale search engine optimization( SEO ) or a website redesign. Auditing a website can tell you whether or not your website is well optimized to achieve your goals, and if not, how you can improve its performance.
Why is audit so important for SEO?
There are many benefits of performing a website audit regularly, some of which are as follows-
- An audit helps monitor the website’s health status.
- Keep a check on how well your website is working on search engines and if not, what are the necessary improvisations that you should make.
- Points out your weaknesses such as high loading time of the website, URL redirections, alt tags, coding errors, hindering the website indexing, meta tag errors, content quality as well as website structure.
- Keep a check on the quality of backlinks.
- It also determines your website’s integrations such as keywords, sitemap, LSI, Robots.txt, knowledge graph, etc.
- How well your website is connected with social media.
- Last but not the least, most important, website ranking on SERP and keeping up with the competitors.
Now that we know why an audit plays a very important role in SEO, we should look at some efficient tools that can help you with auditing.
Digital marketing can offer great heights to your business if done in the right way. So is the SEO if done rightly. SEO audits can help you make the right optimizations and changes in your website and make it stand out from the competitors.